Short little post for tonight before I turn in. My brothers and I absolutely love the green smoothie at one of the local cafes and I decided to make my own. Pretty much got the ingredients spot on if I do say so myself. I am not really into the whole "green" trend, nothing against it really and nor do I usually make smoothies. The first time I had a green smoothie, it was one with garlic in it, ummm I don't think that is my kind of drink. This one totally is though. I like to think that if I got my father to like it, everyone else will. He kept looking at it for a second or two between sips, he said he couldn't get used to the green color. His favorite smoothie after all is strawberries and cream so this was a complete opposite on the eyes if not the taste buds!
Pineapple & Banana Green Smoothie
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced
- 1 green apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 handful of baby kale
- 1 cup of ice cubes or more if to your taste
- After washing the fruits and vegetables, chop everything into large chunks.
- Start by adding ice to the blender followed by pineapple, banana, cucumber, apple and kale.
- Blend until smooth, serve and enjoy!